Morimoto J.,Derous D., Wenzel M., Henry Y., Colinet H. (under review) The transcriptomic signature of physiological trade-offs caused by larval overcrowding in Drosophila.
Morimoto, J., Conceição, P., Mirth, C., Lihoreau, M. (under review) Nutrigonometry I: using right-angle triangles to quantify nutritional trade-offs in multidimensional performance landscapes. bioRxiv.
43. Morimoto, J. (2022) Nutrigonometry II: experimental strategies to maximise nutritional information in multidimensional performance landscapes. Ecology and Evolution. 12, e9174.
42. Morimoto, J. (2022). Intersectionality of philosophical and social sciences frameworks: can ethical AI restore equality of opportunities in academia? Humanities and Social Sciences Communications. 9:203
41. Conceição, P., Morimoto, J. (2022) ‘Holey’ niche: finding holes in niche hypervolumes using persistence homology. Journal of Mathematical Biology 84:57
40. Morimoto, J., Barcellos, R., Schoborg, T. A., Nogueira, L. P., & Colaço, M. V. (Accepted). Micro-CT as a tool to measure morphological responses to ecological conditions. Neotropical Entomology (Available in BiorXiv)
39. Dinh H, Lundbäck I, Than T A., Morimoto J., Ponton F (Accepted). Sugar-rich larval diet promotes lower adult pathogen load and higher survival after infection in a polyphagous fly. Journal of Experimental Biology (Available in BiorXiv)
38. Veiner, M., Morimoto, J., Leadbeater, E., & Manfredini, F. (2022). Machine Learning models identify gene predictors of waggle dance behaviour in honeybees. Molecular Ecology Resources.
37. Duffus, N., Morimoto, J. (2022) Current conservation policies in the UK and Ireland overlook endangered insects and are taxonomically biased towards Lepidoptera. Biological Conservation. 466:109464.
36. Morimoto, J., Than, A., Nguyen, B., Lundbäck, I., Ponton, F. (2022) Density-by-diet interactions during larval development shape adult life-history trait expression and fitness in a polyphagous fly. American Naturalist.
35. Morimoto, J., & Kerr, L. (2022) Larval densities of the protected striped lychnis moth Shargacucullia lychnitis (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in Buckinghamshire. British Journal of Entomology and Natural History, 34, 3023.1-8. **Cover**
34. Morimoto, J., Ponchon, A., Sofronov, G., & Travis, J. (2021) Editorial for Research Topic: Applications of Machine Learning to Evolutionary Ecology Data. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, 869.
33. Morimoto (in press). Parental ecological history can differentially modulate parental age effects on offspring physiological traits in Drosophila. Current Zoology
32. Nguyen, Dinh, Morimoto, Ponton (2021) Sex-specific effects of the microbiota on adult carbohydrate intake and body composition in a polyphagous fly. Journal of Insect Physiology.
31. Dinh, Nguyen, Morimoto, Lundbäck, Kumar, Ponton (2021) Trans-generational effects of parental diet on offspring development and disease resistance in flies. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution.
30. Morimoto and Ponton (2021) Virtual Reality in Biology: could we become virtual naturalists? Evolution: Education and Outreach
29. Duffus, Christie and Morimoto (2021) Insect cultural services: how insects have changed our lives and how can we do better for them. Insects
28. Morimoto and Pietras. (2020) Natural history of model organisms: the secret (group) life of Drosophila melanogaster larvae and why it matters to developmental ecology. Ecology and Evolution
27. Morimoto and Pietras. (2020) Strong foraging preferences for Ribes alpinum (Saxifragales: Grossulariaceae) in the polyphagous caterpillars of Buff tip moth Phalera bucephala (Lepidoptera: Notodontidae). Ecology and Evolution
26. Nguyen, Dinh, Morimoto, Ponton. (2020) Parental microbiota modulates offspring development, body mass and fecundity in a polyphagous fruit fly. Microorganisms
25. Than, Ponton, Morimoto. (2020) Integrative developmental ecology: a review of density-dependent effects on fitness and symbiotic interactions in non-social holometabolous insects. Evolutionary Ecology **Cover**
24. Morimoto (2020) Addressing global challenges with unconventional insect ecosystem services: why should humanity care about insect larvae? People and Nature. **Highlighted article of the British Ecological Society **
23. Morimoto (2020) Bateman (1948): Was it all wrong? A comment on Hoquet (2020). Animal Behaviour
22. Ponton, Morimoto, et al., (2020). Macronutrients modulate resistance to infection and immunity in Drosophila. Journal of Animal Ecology
21. Morimoto, et al., (2020) Effects of carbohydrate types on larval development and adult traits in a polyphagous fruit fly Journal of Insect Physiology
20. Morimoto and Lihoreau (2020) Open Data for Open Questions in Comparative Nutrition. Insects
19. Morimoto et al., (2019) Commensal microbiota modulates larval foraging behaviour, development rate, and pupal production in Bactrocera tryoni. BMC Microbiology
18. Morimoto (2019). Species-level, but not family-level dietary breadth predicts geographic distribution of Sydney butterflies. Insect Conservation and Diversity.
17. Morimoto (2019). Foraging decisions as multi-armed bandit problems: applying reinforcement learning algorithms to foraging data. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
16. Nguyen, et al... Morimoto (2019) Interactions between ecological factors in the developmental environment modulate pupal and adult traits in a polyphagous fly. Ecology and Evolution
15. Morimoto and Lihoreau (2019) Quantifying nutritional trade-offs across multidimensional performance landscapes. American Naturalist.
14. Morimoto et al., (2019) Larval foraging behaviour and accommodation of diluted diets during development in a polyphagous fly. Royal Society Open Science
13. Morimoto J., et al., (2019) Crowded developmental environment promotes adult sex-specific nutrient consumption in a polyphagous fly. Frontiers in Zoology
12. Morimoto J., et al., (2019) Sex peptide receptor-regulated polyandry modulates the balance of pre- and post-copulatory sexual selection in Drosophila. Nature Communications.
11. Morimoto and Baltrus (2019) The Extended Genotype: to what extent? A comment on Carthey et al. Trends in Ecology and Evolution.
10. Morimoto*, Senior* et al., (2019) Sucrose and starch intake contribute to reduced alveolar bone height in a rodent model of naturally occurring periodontitis. PLoS One. * - equal contributions
9. Ponton and Morimoto (2019) Links between Nutrition, Immunity, and Infection. in Encyclopaedia of Animal Behaviour. Elsevier
8. Eberhard, Morimoto, Wali, et al., Raubenheimer, Simpson, Senior (2019) Periodontal bone loss is not modulated by weight gain in an experimental mouse model of periodontitis. Obesity Research & Clinical Practice
7. Bath, Morimoto, Wigby (2018) The developmental environment modulates mating‐induced aggression and fighting success in adult female Drosophila. Functional Ecology.
6. Morimoto et al., (2018) Social and nutritional factors shape larval aggregation, foraging, and body mass in a polyphagous fly. Scientific Reports.
5. Wong, Wang, Morimoto, et al., (2017) Gut microbiota modifies olfactory-guided microbial preferences and foraging decisions in Drosophila. Current Biology.
3. Morimoto, et al., (2017) Interactions between the developmental and adult social environments mediate group dynamics and offspring traits in Drosophila melanogaster. Scientific Reports.
2. Morimoto and Wigby (2016) Differential effects of male nutrient balance on pre- and post-copulatory traits, and consequences for female reproduction in Drosophila melanogaster. Scientific Reports.
1. Morimoto, et al., (2016) Developmental environment effects on sexual selection in male and female Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS One.
Nature Ecology & Evolution Community
American Naturalist Blog